Aug 28, 2007

Microsoft WebDAV Hotfix - KB 931770

Another update - this time it's a hotfix - coming from Microsoft Support. This one addresses the following:

On a Windows Vista-based computer, when you try to copy files from a server on a network, the copy process may stop responding (hang), and you may receive a message that resembles the following:

Calculating Time Remaining

0 minutes remaining

This problem may occur only occasionally.



The detailed KB Article can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/931770

Well, the bad new is that even when the hotfix is installed on my Vista machine the copy or move process fails quite often. Sometimes with an error message (I am still digging into this issue) and sometimes it just freezes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.